The 34th IBA International Financial Law Conference will take place on 17–19 May 2017, Swissôtel, Tallinn, Estonia.
The conference is co-presented by the IBA Banking Law Committee and IBA Securities Law Committee and supported by the IBA European Regional Forum.
This year the conference sessions and topics will continue to discuss recent trends relating to capital markets, banking transactions and regulatory developments, including:
- Payment services industry developments, regulatory and technological challenges
- Can the current legal framework on financial services cope with blockchain trade models?
- Artificial Intelligence in the financial industry
- Follow-up on capital markets regulatory overflows from Dodd Frank to, Basel III or rather IV and well as CRD, EMIR, MAD, not forgetting the Prospectus regulations
- Liability of rating agencies – attempting to dispel the fog
- M&A deals without knowing the shareholders or bondholders – role of proxy advisors
- Clawback policy on incentive compensation in relation to required restatements
- Reaching the financial close in PPP Projects
Ellex law firm in the Baltics is delighted to support the conference, which will gather legal experts of the finance industry from all over the world.
Representatives of Ellex will also be among the key speakers at the conference: Dovilė Burgienė from Ellex Valiūnas and Raino Paron from Ellex Raidla.
To find out more about the event, please click here.