Ellex leads the Baltic M&A market for the second year in a row
International deal watchers have released their latest legal advisory league tables for 2017.
Ellex is the top Baltic law firm by deal count in Eastern Europe for the second year in a row, according to the results announced by Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg.
According to Thomson Reuters, Ellex is the leader among all Baltic law firms having advised on 62 transactions in total.
The review conducted by Bloomberg also confirms the leading position of Ellex with a total number of 42 transactions.
2017 saw continued growth and activity in the Baltic M&A market and there are no signs of a decrease in 2018.
Ellex transactional highlights of 2017 include:
• Advising OP Financial Group on the sale of Seesam Insurance AS to Vienna Insurance Group;
• Consulting Uniper in key transaction on its exit from the Latvian gas transmission and storage market;
• Advising First Data Corporation on the sale of First Data companies in the Baltics to Worldline (Atos group);
• Advising on the acquisition of Nordic Cinema Group;
• Advising Livonia Partners on the acquisition of Santa Monica Networks;
Thomson Reuters rankings are based on the number of corporate mergers and acquisitions that law firms have advised on during 2017. The number of transactions includes acquisitions, sales, mergers and certain other transactions in this area.
The Bloomberg M&A advisory league tables represent the leading financial and legal advisors across a broad array of deal types, regions, and industry sectors. The Bloomberg M&A market review provides a global perspective and local insight into unique deal structures in various markets through a network of over 800 financial and legal advisory firms, ensuring an accurate reflection of key market trends.