New partner at Ellex Raidla – Dr. iur. Martin Käerdi
We are very pleased to announce that the circle of partners at Ellex Raidla has increased: our long-term colleague and one of the best experts of Estonian private law – Mr. Martin Käerdi – has been appointed partner at Ellex Raidla. Martin will be leading the firm’s Real Estate and Employment Practice Group
Käerdi is a doctor of law and one of the best known specialists of civil and commercial law in Estonia who has participated in the drafting of more than 40 important laws and regulations in Estonia. He is also an associate professor of civil law at the University of Tartu.
His legislative work began at the beginning of the last decade as the director of the Private Law Division of the Ministry of Justice of Estonia when he participated in the development of numerous Estonian legal acts and over the years he has helped introduce numerous European Union legal norms to Estonian law. He has participated in the development of numerous substantial legal acts, incl. the Law of Obligations Act, General Part of the Civil Code Act (Head of the work group), Bankruptcy Act (Head of the work group), Law of Succession Act (Head of the work group), Law of Property Act, Commercial Code, Securities Market Act, Investment Funds Act, Credit Institutions Act, Reorganisation Act, Employment Contracts Act etc.
Some facts about Martin:
- Has prepared over 40 legal acts and more than 1000 contracts
- PhD in law from the University of Freiburg in Germany
- Associate professor of civil law at the University of Tartu, Department of Private Law
- Member of the Expert Committee of Free Legal Profession and Insolvency Law of the Ministry of Justice as of 2005
- Member of the company law sector of the accession negotiations of the Republic of Estonia and the European Union in 2002–2003
- Hobbies: skiing, reading
- Married, three children
Our Partner Martin Käerdi is available to advise you.
T + 372 640 7170