Mergermarket M&A Report: 2018 reached a record-breaking H1
Mergermarket, leading M&A data and intelligence provider, has released its H1 2018 Global M&A Report with legal advisor league tables. Global M&A activity has reached its highest post-crisis value with USD 1.94 tn (8,560 deals) recorded in the first six months of the year as traditional corporates look to regain market share from newer, disruptive firms.
According to the rankings, Ellex has advised on the largest number of transactions among law firms in the Central and Eastern Europe, having advised 15 deals with a total value of USD 1,017 million.
Highlights of the Mergermarket Global & Regional M&A Report H1 2018:
Global M&A market
- USD 1,94tn – Value of M&A in H1 2018, the strongest first six months since the crisis.
- 28,3% value increase from H1 2017 to H1 2018.
- 59.7% Tech (USD 178.5bn) value increase compared to H1 2017 (USD 111.8bn).
- Pharma, Medical & Biotech showed 2.1 x value (USD 212.8bn) increase compared to H2 2017 (USD 100.4bn).
- RECORD: Value of private equity buyouts is the highest YTD value on record (USD 271.7bn).
European M&A market
- 63,8% HIGHER value for M&A targeting Europe this year (USD 600.9bn) than H2 2017 (USD 367bn).
- USD 142.6bn – Asian investment into Europe so far this year, just 20.2% behind the record annual value set in 2016 (USD 178.7bn).
- USD 80.7bn – Value of private equity buyouts in H1 2018, the highest H1 value on Mergermarket record.
Asian M&A market
- 52.1% Outbound M&A increase versus H1 2017.
- 2.1 x Outbound Technology investment increase versus H1 2017.
For more information and full report, click here.